Sunday 22 March 2015

Advanced Animation and VFX Week 7

No Update so far, as Production Project has put me into hell... So I'm now another week behind. I have begun clean up, and cameras, but a friend of mine said he wants to have a work with me tomorrow with regards to my storyboards, so I'll update this post with that.

UPDATE: 7-2 (though, I guess technically Week 8...) 2Feedback from animator Stephen Brooks of Rubber Onion Animation on my Storyboard pointed out some slight mistakes that I really should have noticed when I made it, but with good reason for making them! As I was using reference footage from a live event, cameras are used as and when they can get a good shot, they don't follow the standard rules for cinematography, like the 180 Line rule, which I crossed.
Brooks told me in a Skype call that from my Storyboard, I should flip panels 1 and 2 on Page 1. This is because usually, the bad guy (heel) is on the right of the screen, moving left. The good guy, left moving right. When crossing the 180 Line, you need to show this in camera, so from panel 5, show the Heel running to the left. Panel 6, have the Heel character slightly left of middle, moving right, with the face in the middle. For the slow motion, think Zack Snyder. Starts real time, goes slow motion as the character comes into frame. For the final sequence, think of using a different Pin. Something staged differently that keeps the positioning of the characters, good left, bad right. A suggestion was either the face throws the character up in the air, letting him drop (a la Mark Henry) or he just dumps the Heel and goes for the pin, having the Heel's head in the centre of frame, body to the right, then the Face, when pinning, have his head middle and his body to the left.

Before the Skype call, he messaged me in in a Facebook PM. It's a continuation of what I had posted for review, which he explained further in the call.



So, changing my storyboard would create an animatic like this

Breakdown has begun progress, though I guess I could have counted last week as starting it, too, since the block ins will count as part of the breakdown? A little bit of clean up has begun.

Status: Slight slope downwards...

No comments:

Post a Comment