Tuesday 23 September 2014

LCD Effect Title

As you can see, I've updated my title image with a new one!
The LCD is made in After Effects using the CC Ball Action effect.  The main board is actually two instances of CC Ball Action, one for the larger grey ones, another smaller white one off center to give it a 3D look.
The text is also two layers done in the same style, larger coloured instance, smaller white one, which remains central, to give it the look of that is where the light is more intense. I also added glows to the text

I animated it using a mask, generating a fill on it, then key framing the End setting, 0% at the start, 100% where I wanted it to finish. The flickering is just alpha-ing the Precomp I used for the Text for quickness.


Using a 3D layer on the full LCD display (back and text) I manipulated the angle to get my desired one. 
I moved the text to the top left of the LCD board layers so when I angled the precomp it would not be cut off the edge of the screen and also because changing the angle was giving areas where no LCD sections were.

The light is added from a Gradient Ramp and the grime is an image which I altered the levels of and Screen Blended to give the illusion of the display being behind an old, dirty and scratched screen.

Final Video of Test 01

Moving forward, I will add a Depth of Field, but the Ball Action isn't recognised for the DOF, so I will have to simulate it with a Camera Lens Blur and create a DOF mask.

No comments:

Post a Comment