Saturday 24 May 2014

Performance Capture Final Piece

I managed to get my Performance Capture project completed!
Acted by myself (The final sequence) and Richard Nash. The male character is completely Key Frame animated, using my own actions and the Motion Capture footage as reference.







A collection of photos from the various attempts at getting our footage.

A couple videos James Ruston (http://foreverrendering.wordpress.com/author/foreverrendering/) shot during one of the sessions. MAY REQUIRE A FACEBOOK ACCOUNT
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10154156269820650

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10154156417655650

We had a lot of trouble getting our footage, but we finally figured out why... We had been adding a new solver each time we filmed a take. This was bogging down the system and making it crash. Once we fixed that issue, we were able to get our footage no problem. James and I even went as far as shooting some extra takes to work on over the Summer, so be sure to check back for those!

In Motionbuilder, I blended the clips together which would allow model to act out all of the clips in what looks like one go.

The can had a constraint added to it, which would keep it linked to the character's hand for as long as the constraint was active in the timeline.

I found a couple free models online and used them, rather than the Aragor and Maya models. I wanted the characters to look like they were in a dance hall or a club. I was not able to find any suitable scenes to use in Motionbuilder, and time was not on my side to be able to model one.

The keyframe character, I wanted to look quite cocky and "Hey, look at me!" so his walk was very pelvis first, making his weight have to rotate around his hips. This was something I had picked up in the Animator's Survival Kit.





No comments:

Post a Comment