Saturday 1 February 2014

Back to University

Monday is the start of Semester 2, Year 2.
I've been working through some Performance Capture stuff to prepare for it.
Things like using Ragdoll solvers and retargeting animation, plus refreshing myself with Motionbuilder. Now that I know what was going wrong with Semester 1's work, I'm in a better standing, with a much better understanding of the program.
I know where I messed up last time, so I know what to change. I'm going to try and stay ahead this time. My results from S1's projects were not what I was happy with, but they were passes at least. This time, work harder and focus. Don't plan over elaborate sequences, which I did for both the animation and the VFX pieces. Know what I want to make within the first couple weeks, ideally right away, something which I slipped up on with the 3D modelling project.

This year I will have a lot more time to focus on my work, something which was messing me up last time. I left work at the end of the first semester. It's just as well I did, or I wouldn't have had enough time to finish my projects. The last couple weeks were balls-to-the-wall, constant work, all nighters. I'd like to avoid this this time as much as I can.

When it comes to uploading work, it's getting done from University and well ahead of time.
I will be keeping a better blog, too. Showing more development work, which I was lacking last time.

Really, first semester was a travesty for me. The only positive is that I have learned a lot from it.

I also want to do a little bit of personal project, too. This will mainly be if my Uni projects are going well, but I'd like to think that I can do a little bit of work, even if it's just some drawings for it, just to keep it fresh, you know?

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment