Sunday 25 November 2012

Concept environment

My environment is city based, as a rough guide, I took this image of Wall Street I found on Wikipedia,

Put it into Photoshop and began editing it down into something that looks more dark, foreboding and hostile. I came up with this.
I left a few people in to populate the scene, mostly Police/Law Enforcement, as I felt it was in keeping with the animation idea.
I used the burn tool to draw out the Highlights, Shadows and Mid Tones, then applied a Film Grain filter over the top, to add to the dirty look and rain slick feel, letting lighter areas show on the road for that rain/puddle effect.

Photoshop isn't my program of choice, but I wanted to give it a go here.
More along the lines of environments will be the Compounds that Van Laaq run most of their business through, training agents, building weapons, that kind of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment